Our staff and their management
It takes teamwork to provide your child with high quality care
Delivering high quality Childcare for your child is a highly demanding job that is very different from the work of a Primary School Teacher:
- Nursery staff spend most of their day engaging one-on-one with individual children and interacting with them in small groups.
- Every Room has resources available for ‘Continuous Provision’ and your child will be encouraged through much of the day to make their own choices of play activity, feeding their natural curiosity and drive to explore and create.
- Organised learning activities, on the other hand, will involve them in larger groups of children, with nursery staff members, working as a team. There are no solo classroom teaching performances.
- A full working day involves eight hours of ‘contact time’ and shift working is inevitable. Some staff will work from 7.00am to 4.00pm and others from 9.30am to 6.30pm. So if your child attends for a full ten-hour day, you will see their Key Worker at drop-off or pick-up and another team member when your Key Worker is not there.
- In summary, High Quality Childcare is delivered by remarkably motivated teams of staff and team members who are more than just professionally qualified. The team works, the atmosphere is warm and welcoming, and the children are happy because team members are committed to putting the needs of your child first and are fully supported in this by their colleagues.